Free Tree Society is a non-profit organization that is 100% volunteer led and run. We rely on donations from corporations and the public to continue our work.
Our expenses are small but we do have a wishlist that stem from goals we would like to achieve to further inspire others to garden and lead green lives.
Our main running expenses currently include purchasing soil and polybags to support our planting efforts. Secondary to that are the costs involved in keeping our plants healthy.
Our wishlist includes:
– Completing the landscaping works at our nursery which includes the following – seal the unsafe open drains (RM1000), install a handrail (RM400), addition of a second rainwater storage tank (RM1500), install a drinking fountain (RM2000).
– Tools and equipment – better secateurs, hoses and nozzles, irrigation system upgrade (RM1000).
– Taking our nursery off-grid and installing a small solar panel to generate electricity.
– Painting the premises (RM6000k).
We also have 2 funds that require support:
1) Kelak-Gelak is a tree fund created specifically to grow fruit trees for orphanages.
2) Education Fund to support students who want to come to the nursery for planting sessions and also to provide plants to schools for greening and beautification. At present all students are able to volunteer with us without any charges for plants, materials, or equipment. We hope to keep it this way and continue to teach as many students about gardening and leading healthy green lives.
We thank you for your kind support.
If you would like to make a donation, you may make an online transfer to Free Tree Society Kuala Lumpur RHB 21427700060040. Kindly send us a copy of the bank-in slip via email for our records and so that we can prepare a receipt. Thank you.