Free Tree Society has given away approximately:
17,291 plants since June 2013
(last updated December 2017)
We have a Free Plants Section outside our nursery for people to swing by and collect plants anytime.
We have given away about 500 plants from there to date.
Giveaways and Events that we have supported include…
- 220 plants at Lottie’s Talent Fair, Lot 10, 1-3 Dec.
- 100 plants at The Uncommon Good Forum and Fair, KLCC.
- 25 plants to Attia Nursing Home
- 20 plants to an orang asli project
- 80 plants at the Asia Capital Market Conference
- 104 plants to Tun Perak Pocket Park
400 plants at International Day of Climate Action, FTS Nursery on 21 Oct.
50 plants to MyCat
50 plants to Tasputra Perkim planted by Wawasan Open University students
10 plants to MMHA event
25 trees to Second Chance Shelter
130 plants to support IM4U Appreciation Night
150 plants to Bursa Malaysia
100 plants for a Malaysia Day event at the Nasi Lemak Party in Bangsar.
30 plants to ICCA @ Malaysia Business Week Event.
82 trees to Tun Perak Pocket Park
Pokok Power – 2000!!!! 2000 plants given away at this event on 8 July.
Malaysian Association for the Blind, 23 May 2017
- Donated 15 aromatic plants to their sensory garden.
Earth Day Giveaway with The Body Shop, 22 April 2017
- 2000 plants given away at 2 locations.
Muslim Aid Foundation, 6 May 2017
- Vegetable Garden donated.
KL Pooch Rescue, 21 March 2017
- 30 trees donated to give shade to their new shelter.
AirAsia #Green24, 9-10 March 2017
- 100 plants given away.
Alice Smith School Students, 18 Feb 2017
- 50 spider plants
World Wetlands Day, FTS Nursery, 4 February 2017
- 800 plants at our biggest nursery giveaway to date!
The Merdeka Awards, KLCC, December 2016
- 50 plants
Star Property Fair, KLCC, 25-27 November 2016
- 400 plants given away over 3 days.
- 12 plants donated to Selangor Childrens Welfare Home.
- 12 plants donated to the IMU campus.
- 12 plants given away at the Maybank Heart media launch – also benefiting our Education Garden.
- 8 water plants donated to the Alliance Francaise KL school.
- 5 plants donated to KL Alice Smith School.
International Day of Climate Action / Malaysia Environment Day, 22 October 2016
- 250 plants given away at AEON Taman Maluri with the Wawasan Green Rangers!
8 October 2016
- 20 fruit trees, Pandawas Academy, refugee school.
- 15 plants to Putrajaya Hospital, planted by Astro.
Star Property Fair, Publika,29 Sept – 2 Oct 2016
- 300 plants given away.
SJKT San Peng, 25 Sept 2016
- 50 plants given away to school children under an educational programme entitled “Trees are my Friend”, organised by Green Ranger from Wawasan Open University.
Malaysia Day, APW Bangsar, 15 September 2016
- 150 local plants given away to our local Bangsar community to celebrate.
Pusat Jagaan Kanak Kanak Satu Jiwa, 13 September 2016
- 21 plants donated to Monash Uni students for this community effort.
Project B, Sentul, 3rd September 2016
- Donated 30 plants to this project. They sell the plants to raise funds for underprivileged children.
Star Property Fair, Nu Sentral, 15 – 21 August 2016,
- 400 plants given away at an event targeting new homeowners.
World Environment Day, AEON Taman Maluri, 3rd June 2016
- 500 plants given away together with AEON. Our first Friday afternoon event. A huge crowd as usual!
3rd, 7th and 14th May 2016
- 110 plants donated to various Foundations and schools in KL and Kuantan – some lovely big trees!
26 April 2016
- 110 plants to Dignity Foundation to aide their underprivileged children and to Methodist College for their school garden.
World Earth Day with The Body Shop, 23rd April 2016
- We gave away 700 plants and 700 pots (many were made of biodegradeable plastic) at The Curve.
Plant A Flower Day, 12th March 2016
- We gave away about 300 plants at our nursery to celebrate this unique day.
#GREEN24, Air Asia Giveaway, 30th January 2016
AEON Giveaway, 23rd January 2016
- Gave away 800 plants for this corporate led community event in Shah Alam.
Rumah Wahidayah, NGO Hub and 7-Eleven Malaysia, 19th December 2015
- We donated about 50 plants to green the compound for this shelter for women and children diagnosed with HIV.
International Day of Climate Action, 24th October 2015
- 500 plants given away at the FTSKL nursery to battle the haze epidemic!
Sinthamani Orphanage, 22nd September 2015
- We donated and planted 100 fruit and herb plants to this orphanage in Selayang. Our toughest job to date!
- The grounds were much improved and future fruit harvests will benefit the children and old folks there.
Malaysia Day Celebrations, 16th September 2015
- We gave away 250 locally themed plants (hibiscus, local ulams and herbs) at the MalaysiaKu celebration.
Crops for the Future, 15th September 2015
- Donated 50 large trees to help fill the grounds at their research center.
5th September 2014
- 100 plants shared for the betterment of our community! Those who benefited today were:
- Sivananda Orphanage (fruits and herbs)
- YAWA Putrajaya Giveaway (trees)
- Crops for the Future (water plants)
George Town Festival, 23rd August 2015
- 300 trees giving away in our first road trip to Penang. Fantastic weekend! FTS Penang has a lovely ring to it! 😉
Universiti Malaya, 24th May 2015
- 47 large trees were donated to their campus planting project organized by their UM Cares Society.
Port Dickson Giveaway, 23rd May 2015
- UiTM hosted a 100 plant giveaway in conjunction with their Volunteerism & Philanthropy Public Advocacy Campaign.
- A group of their students chose to promote FTSKL – fab stuff! Thank you girls!
World Earth Day, 18th April 2015
- We gave away 1000 plants!!! This event was proudly hosted by The Body Shop (what a fabulous group!).
MKIS, World Earth Day, April, 2015
- We donated 60 plants to Mont Kiara International School for their Earth Day celebrations.
TKC Reunion Dinner, March 2015
- Donation of 50 plants to our Treasurer’s party! Membership has it’s privileges!
Dalai Lama Center, March 2015
- Donation of 33 trees to their center.
World Planting Day, March 2015
- We had a huge giveaway at our nursery, giving away 350 plants!
Farmacy Talk, Feb 2015
- Donated 10 herbs to support a talk on farming (pharming) for health.
New Years Giveaway, Jan 2015
- We started the year with a 300 plant giveaway to help people meet their new year’s green resolutions!
SMK Chang Wah, Garden Project, November 2014
- Donated 60 plants to their artist designed garden.
The Waterfall Association of Malaysia, October 2104
- (Pertubuhan Pencinta Air Terjun Malaysia)
- We gave a donation of 60 trees to aide their planting initiatives.
Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (KLEFF), October 2014
- We gave away 200 plants at Publika over the weekend of Oct 18-19th.
PPSEAWA Sensory Garden at Universiti Malaya, October 2014
- We contributed 20 plants to this sensory garden for stroke patients.
World Habitat Day, October 2014
- Our biggest giveaway to date. We gave away 350 plants in 5 hours.
Plumeria Day, July 2014
- We gave away 50 Frangipani plants.
World Earth Day 2014
- We gave away 200 plants at this giveaway at our Bangsar nursery.
KL Pooch Rescue
- FTSKL gave away tree prizes to the participants of the KL Pooch Rescue Agility Contest on 6 April 2014. Pee trees?? Hahaha.
World Water Day 2014
- We gave away 250 plants in conjunction with water day in March.
Rhino Cup 2013
- We gave away 100 plants at a polo match raising funds for rhinos.
World Animal Day 2013
- FTS gave away 400 plants over 2 days at our new nursery in Bangsar.
World Environment Day 2013
- FTS celebrated World Evnironment Day with Guardian Malaysia, BRDB and BSC on June 5th 2013.
- This was our inaugural event which we are very proud of. Prior to this event we had to grow and prepare our first batch of seedlings for the give away.