We need help in a range of areas including:
- Volunteer Gardeners – We need to keep our plants healthy! As we grow our plants sustainably they need lots of care in the form of watering, weeding, fertilizing, pruning, etc, etc! FTSKL provides all tools and gloves. Volunteers are advised to wear clothes and shoes suitable for outdoor gardening work. Volunteers should bring their own mosquito repellent, sunscreen, hat and change of clothing. if required.
- Seed Collectors/Plant Donators – The more we plant the more we can give away. So, don’t throw away your seeds or cuttings – donate them to us so that we can nurture them.
- Giveaway Days – Be on hand to set-up, tidy-up, take photos or help with guests who visit the nursery. Consider selling cupcakes or join as a vendor selling wares to raise money for our humble cause. We generally have a giveaway day once every 2 months.
- Host Nursery – Host a nursery and look after some seedlings for us in your own garden. We’ll help you to get set up.
- Host Plant – Host a plant that we can use as a steady supply of seeds or cuttings. As a rule most people like a plant that is useful or beautiful, so if your plant meets that description, chances are we may want some of it! E.g. Plumeria.
We’re happy to have your unwanted pots too. We’ll use these for propagation of new plants – the more we plant, the more we can giveaway!